INDIAN JUDGES AT THE INTERNATIONAL COURT OF JUSTICE.
- International Court Of Justice was established in June 1945 and by a Charter of the United Nations and started working in 1946.
- One of the principal organs of the United Nations. Headquarter at Hague in the Netherlands.
- The court has 15 judges, who are elected for a term of 9 years by the United Nations General Assembly and Security Council.
- The Court’s role is to settle, in accordance with international law, legal disputes submitted to it by States and to give advisory opinions on legal questions referred to it by authorized United Nations organs and specialized agencies.
- Official Languages are English and French.
INDIANS WHO PRESIDED AS JUDGE OF THE INTERNATIONAL COURT OF JUSTICE.
|SIR BENEGAL NARSING RAU.||1952-1953.|
|RAGHUNANDAN SWARUP PATHAK.||1989-1991.|
AD-HOC INDIAN JUDGES AT THE INTERNATIONAL COURT OF JUSTICE.
|MOHAMED ALI CURRIM CHAGLA.||1955-1960.|
|B.P. JEEVAN REDDY.||1999-2000.|
|PEMMARAJU SREENIVASA RAO.||2003-2008.|