DEMOCRACY INDEX 2019-INDIA RANKS 51.
The Economist Intelligence Unit, is the research and analysis wing of the Economist group. That provides forecasting and advisory services through monthly country reports, five-year country economic forecasts, country risk service report. The Economist Intelligence Unit started the publication of the Democracy index since 2006. The index covers 165 countries and 2 Territories. The index is based on five categories.The categories are given below-
- ELECTORAL PROCESS AND PLURALISM.
- THE FUNCTIONING OF THE GOVERNMENT.
- POLITICAL PARTICIPATION.
- POLITICAL CULTURE.
- CIVIL LIBERTIES.
Based on its scores on a range(0-10) of indicators within these categories, each country is then classified as one of the four types of regime-
- FULL DEMOCRACY (score greater than 8).
- FLAWED DEMOCRACY(score greater than 6 but equal or less than 8).
- HYBRID REGIME(score greater than 4 but equal or less than 6)
- AUTHORITARIAN REGIME(score less than or equal to 4).
TOP TEN DEMOCRACIES OF THE WORLD.
BOTTOM TEN DEMOCRACIES OF THE WORLD.
|166||DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO||1.13|
|165||CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC||1.32|